Summary of Opportunity
Jostin is hiring a motivated and resourceful Talent Acquisition Specialist (TAS) to ensure the company is fully staffed, at all times, with the most qualified, best-fit, office and field professionals. The TAS will be responsible for executing a best-in-class talent acquisition strategy and handling the day-to-day responsibilities of talent attraction, recruitment and selection. This involves posting open positions, managing Jostin’s applicant tracking system (ATS), reviewing resumes, conducting interviews, and all other related tasks. In addition to serving as Talent Acquisition Specialist, this person will also serve as HR Coordinator and will be responsible for assisting the Director, HR with administrative and general HR tasks, such as benefits enrollment, payroll reporting, completing unemployment claims, and maintaining employee records.
The ideal person will have strong communication and problem-solving skills, will be a self-starter, and unafraid to learn as they go. This person will have the ability to develop long-term goals, short-term action plans, and execute day-to-day administrative HR responsibilities. The Talent Acquisition Specialist reports to the Director, HR and does not have any direct reports. The TAS will lead the talent acquisition process and own the end-to-end candidate experience.
If you are positive and engaging, are passionate about both people and process, are energized by day-to-day administrative HR tasks, have solid baseline HR knowledge but desire to know and grow more, and are full of ideas and eager to execute, this might be the job for you. Come be a critical component of our culture.
At Jostin Construction, we strive to create and provide a diversity of opportunities for all while representing our core values in the work we do each day. Long-term career growth and professional development is important to us. This role includes a range of different opportunities to learn and grow as a human resource professional.
Talent Acquisition and Recruiting
- Implement and execute recruiting strategies that address Jostin’s current staffing and talent pipeline needs.
- Work with the HR Director to develop communication and outreach plans to ensure community partners – in particular, major sources of talent – are aware of career opportunities and talent acquisition efforts at Jostin Construction.
- Edit and manage job descriptions posted on internal and external recruiting websites.
- Refine and expand the source list as needed. Maintain a large variety of sourcing options and measure effectiveness regularly.
- Actively source passive candidates and develop a deep candidate pipeline to ensure a short time-to-hire.
- Develop creative and effective ways to increase Jostin’s name recognition and communicate employer brand.
- Source and scout for potential candidates through various channels, i.e., online channels and community partner efforts, including career fairs.
- Review submitted applications and conduct pre-screen assessments.
- Schedule and arrange interviews with eligible and qualified candidates. Manage the interview and candidate selection process, end-to-end, which includes tasks such as assembling interview informational packets for interviewers and candidates, sending calendar invites and preparing rooms, collecting assessment materials and summarizing results, and more..
- “Own” and strive to continuously improve the candidate experience. Measure candidate satisfaction.
- Stay up to date with our current staffing goals to identify and prioritize positions that drive talent acquisition efforts.
- Provide status updates and report talent acquisition data and activity to HR Director on a weekly basis.
- Provide education on interviewing techniques to hiring managers.
- Manage Jostin’s referral program.
HR Administrative Tasks
- Schedule and arrange drug screens, background checks, and safety examinations. Ensure that all other pre-hire requirements and/or certifications are complete – follow up as needed.
- Facilitate new hire onboarding and orientation.
- Complete administrative tasks for employee data maintenance including new hire orientation, onboarding, and terminations.
- Assist with benefits administration.
- Monitor and manage the HR email inbox for questions, concerns, and inquires – follow up as needed.
- Assist with processing of separations and oversee the overall offboarding process.
- Assist with preparation of the performance management process.
- Assist or prepare correspondence as requested.
- Assist HR Director with developing culture mini-initiatives and wellness programming.
- Track and monitor field workforce attendance to ensure compliance with applicable policies and procedures.
- Administer and monitor unemployment insurance claims and file timely responses to claims and inquiries.
- Support the administration of health and welfare plans, including enrollments, changes and terminations. Process required documents through payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate record-keeping and proper deductions.
- Maintain I-9 files.
- Assist in human resources analytics, data mining and analysis efforts by utilizing the HRIS.
- Ensure all HR files and paperwork are properly organized, managed, and secured at all times.
- Maintain personnel database by utilizing HRIS system.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. This individual will perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned.
Skills & Qualifications
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office, HRIS systems, and comfortable learning new technical systems.
- Exceptional written and oral communication, and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of various areas of Human Resources and employment law.
- Demonstrated strong work ethic, integrity, and demonstrated commitment to the organization’s people, mission, and values.
- Demonstrated strong critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as excellent judgment, and common-sense approach to day-to-day and complex Human Resources issues.
- Ability to listen to others with compassion while representing the company’s positions.
- Ability to work independently.
- The ability to motivate and inspire.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
Experience & Other Requirements
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a Human Resources professional role.
- Interest in developing knowledge of HR procedures and policies.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field required or equivalent experience.
- HR certification (e.g., SHRM’s CP) or a commitment to receive certification within six months. Existing training certifications are a plus and will be heavily weighted.
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office programs required.
- Experience administering HRIS systems required.
- Must have reliable transportation and a valid Driver’s License.
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) preferred.
This person will work in a typical modern office environment as well as on job sites and in the community. The job sites are typical of those found in the commercial building construction industry. Job sites are outdoors and may require employee to be in all forms of inclement weather. Job sites will contain heavy machinery; extreme caution is advised. A review of safety principles will be provided. Job sites will contain loud noises and ear plugs may be required at times. Employee dress will range from business casual to that appropriate on a job site – Personal Protective Equipment (“PPE”) will be provided. Employee required to provide personal steel-toed shoes. Employee will be required to travel to job sites up to 125 miles away and should have a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record or be able to secure consistent, reliable transportation with limited notice. The Jostin office environment is traditional office space. We encourage an open-door environment given our focus on collaboration and partnership. This person will perform general tasks representative of that in a typical office environment such as sitting (75%), standing (25%), standing for up to 90 minutes at a time (during presentation), bending, typing, talking on the phone, lifting no more than 20 pounds, and walking.