Summary of Duties:
The Safety Manager is responsible for growing the safety culture of Jostin Construction by implementing and communicating safety strategies and providing education and training processes and programming. The Safety Manager will have experience in the construction industry (particularly commercial construction) and consult with operational leadership, human resources, and field management to ensure the safety and health of all Jostin employees.
- Research, develop and implement safety and health programs in areas such as safe behavior, positive reinforcement, accident prevention and investigation, motor vehicle safety, job safety, job auditing, and other OSHA and company mandated programs.
- Grow a culture of safety throughout the organization that includes policy and procedure development and enforcement, partnering with operations on risk mitigation strategies, and promotion of employee engagement in the advancement of a positive safety environment.
- Maintain compliance by scheduling and facilitating mandated training. Implement a tracking system for applicable reporting.
- Collect and maintain appropriate accident and injury statistics, audits, safety meeting documents, inspection forms, and other data required by the organization.
- Manage the Worker’s Compensation program and serve as Single Point of Contact (SPOC) for OSHA related issues.
- Oversee Worker’s Compensation claims by conducting thorough and complete claims investigations working with investigators, employees, adjustors and/or experts as needed.
- Perform job site and equipment inspections; required accident or incident investigations; work site interviews; performs research and design corrective action plan.
- Keep the organization current on laws and best practices related to safety via various communication methods, and proactive safety initiatives.
- Other duties as requested.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Demonstrated organizational skills including planning, scheduling work, and follow-through
- Strong problem recognition and resolution skills
- Superior communication and collaboration skills, verbal and written
- Ability to partner and collaborate with all levels of an organization (internal/external) and diverse teams of individuals
- Be a self-directed manager with active participation and visibility on multiple construction sites
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to create and maintain systems and processes
- High level of self-motivation
Experience & Other Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Safety or other related field preferred; or 3-5 years of relevant experience.
- 5+ years’ experience in a Safety Manager position in the construction industry preferred.
- Successful completion of OSHA course #510 preferred/Minimum OSHA 30 Construction
- Valid Driver’s License with acceptable driving record
- Travel may be required