Jostin is hiring a Director, Human Resources to oversee and manage daily operations of the company’s Human Resource (HR) department. This position will report to and work closely with the Chief People & Strategy Officer to create and update Jostin’s strategic Human Capital Plan, develop a talent acquisition strategy to secure a continuous pipeline of qualified talent, help establish Jostin’s employer brand and improve name-recognition among job seekers, and manage the company-wide success plan. Day-to-day, this person is responsible for administering health and other employee benefits, managing leave and attendance, communicating payroll changes to the Finance team, resolving employee issues, developing new policy and ensuring policy adherence, and generally ensuring legal compliance with all relevant federal, state and local employment laws.
The Director, HR has two direct reports – Talent Acquisition Specialist and the Employee Development & Retention Manager. The Director, HR will enthusiastically lead and direct these two roles. The ideal person for this role will lead the organization and team, and make all decisions, centered around the tenants of equity, diversity, inclusion and belonging. This person will be responsible for the enhancement of current HR programs, as well as the design of new HR initiatives and strategies that align with the company’s mission and performance-driven culture in all areas of HR. This position serves on Jostin’s senior leadership team and will be involved in high- level decision-making and discussions involving strategic planning and operations management.
If you are positive and engaging, are passionate about both people and process, are equally energized by day-to-day administrative HR tasks and strategic thinking, are a direct and kind leader, and are full of ideas and eager to execute, this could be the job for you. Join us and you’ll work closely with Jostin’s leadership team to outline and implement strategies that deliver on our organizational purpose, or “WHY” of Jostin. Come be a critical component of our culture.
Compensation for this position is based on experience and skillset. Jostin compensates employees fairly and monitors market dynamics to ensure compensation packages are competitive and meet employee need. As a member of the leadership team, this position is afforded additional benefits, such as long-term disability; a multitude of bonus packages to choose from; a 3% match to a Simple IRA; and full, immediate vesting.
Organizational Design & Talent Acquisition
- Collaborates with leadership in workforce planning and organizational structure. Considers work flows, team formation, communication channels, decision-making matrices and more. Develops both short- and long-term staffing plans as required with an eye towards the overarching business goals.
- Supports CPSO with Jostin’s succession planning efforts.
- Implements competitive sourcing, recruitment, and selection strategies to maintain required staffing levels based on business
needs and growth.
- Leads Talent Acquisition Specialist to ensure pipeline of ready and available skilled and unskilled talent.
- Partners with Marketing leadership to define Jostin’s employer brand and implement a branding strategy, both internal and
external. Partners with CPSO to secure and strengthen external relationships and develop ways to measuredly improve reputation and name-recognition.
Employee Training, Development & Retention
- Provides best practice recommendations to Manager, Employee Development & Retention on Jostin’s new hire onboarding and orientation process. Ensures it achieves the desired objectives, sets employees up for measurable success, and leads with the Jostin “Why” and 6 Core Values.
- Conducts employee exit interviews and develops an actionable response plan. Oversees the required internal changes to reduce turnover and increase retention.
- Recommends innovative ways to increase retention, improve employee satisfaction, improve job-readiness and job-fit, and reduce turnover.
Employee Relations & DEIB
- Creates and manages an internal diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging plan for the company.
- Ensures tenants of diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are incorporated throughout the organization and employees have
clear understanding of what this means to the organization, their individual impact, and the ongoing commitment that is
required to sustain the culture.
- Works with managers to implement a pro-active employee relations program and supports leadership in the effective
resolution of employee relations issues in a manner that aligns with the organizational culture.
- Directly handles escalated employee relation issues and provides direct counsel and support to involved parties, consults legal
expertise when necessary, and issues discipline when necessary.
- Conducts internal investigations to resolve advanced employee complaints.
Compensation & Benefits
- Partners with CPSO to assemble competitive benefits and compensation packages that provides financial security and improves overall well-being to employees and their families. This includes benefit discovery and innovation, benchmarking, vendor selection, vendor negotiation, and internal price-setting.
- Establishes staff compensation policies and guidelines, ensuring that salaries being paid are equitable and competitive for the type of work being performed, the local market, and industry standards.
- Administers employee group benefits (life, health, dental and disability): monitors competitiveness; establishes procedures for implementation; provides support on interpretations and special cases; coordinates problem resolution.
- Maintains all legal documents to the benefit plans including Section 125 and retirement plan.
- Designs a performance management system that rewards high-performance, quality, productivity, and safety, and provides meaningful opportunities and resources (i.e., training, education, work experience, etc.) for the development and advancement of designated high potential employees.
- Deploys and administers performance management tools and resources and reports on results, as needed.
- Assists managers with performance coaching as needed and ensures manager understanding of individual accountability for
Compliance Policies & Procedures
- Tracks and monitors staff attendance to ensure compliance with applicable policies and procedures, and administers all leave of absence, transitional duty, and reasonable accommodation/workplace modification programs (ADA, workers compensation, FMLA, Military Leave, PTO, COVID protocol, policies, and procedures, etc.).
- Implements effective Human Resources compliance strategies to ensure legal and regulatory compliance; manages internal and external employment and labor claims (administrative and formal litigation) resolution and provides appropriate training to employees and leadership on critical Human Resources compliance matters.
- Drafts, updates, and recommends changes to organizational policies, practices, and procedures, and advises and trains leadership on policy interpretation and application.
HRIS, Employee Data & Analytics
- Manages and administers company HRIS system.
- Manages all relevant third-party relationships such as HR system vendors, trainers, consultants, brokers, various benefits
representatives, recruiters, and more.
- Develops, updates and shares the HR scorecard which includes metrics to measure “health” of the organization and individual
departments, as well as the performance of the HR team and Jostin leadership.
- Creates and implements strategies and executes initiatives targeted to improve scorecard scores.
Workers Compensation & Payroll Claims
- Administers Workers Compensation policy/claims and works with leadership and Safety Manager to monitor, track, and ensure compliance with safety policies and procedures, including ensuring appropriate certifications and licensing, and compliance reporting.
- Partners with other members of HR team to communicate payroll changes (e.g., benefit deductions; unpaid leave; etc.) to Finance team.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. This individual will perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Keen insight and awareness of advancing diversity and inclusion within high growth organizations
- Demonstrated leadership ability and history of successive promotion, advancement, and progression of assignments and areas of
- Demonstrated ability to lead through persuasion, build collaborative relations, and garner trust, respect, and credibility among
diverse internal and external clients
- Exceptional written and oral communication, and presentation skills
- Deep knowledge and expertise in areas of Human Resources compliance and employment law
- Demonstrated strong work ethic, integrity, and commitment to people, mission, and values
- Strong critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as excellent judgment, and common-sense approach to day-to-
day and complex Human Resources issues
- Ability to listen to others with compassion while representing the company’s positions
- Ability to work independently as well as lead teams
- The ability to motivate and inspire
EXPERIENCE & OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in HR, Business; Organizational Development/Design, or another related field.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience serving as an HR General, HR Business Partner or HR Manager (or higher).
- HR certification (e.g., SHRM’s CP) or a commitment to receive certification within six months. Existing training certifications are a
plus and will be heavily weighted.
- Project management experience preferred.
- Team leadership experience preferred.
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office programs required.
- Experience administering HRIS systems required.
- Given that local travel will be required, applicant must possess a valid Driver’s License with acceptable driving record.