SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
To provide on-site coordination for all phases of the job, including direction of field professionals, carpenters, and laborers; coordinating material and equipment, ensuring that specifications are being strictly followed, and work is proceeding on schedule. The Superintendent also assists in other responsibilities including scheduling, inspections, quality control, and job site safety. This position reports to the Field Operations Manager (General Construction.) The person in this position will need to be comfortable working in a public setting. Jostin requires all employees to work collaboratively as a team with other Jostin employees and trade partners.
- Responsible for running the day-to-day operations on the construction site and controlling the short-term schedule. The Superintendent drives quality control maintains all safety protocols and has subcontractor coordination responsibilities.
- Supervise trade contractors involved in the project and monitor the quality of their work daily.
- Assist and supervise internal craft force on self-performance items.
- Supervise the job site to meet or exceed all OSHA requirements for personnel and property safety.
- Assist the Project Manager in preparing an updating the project’s master schedule.
- Hold weekly safety & project meetings individually with all documentation of paperwork.
- Promote a safe work environment for everyone on and off the project site.
- Ensure project delivered safely, on-time, within budget and to the strictest of quality standards.
- Manage all aspects of job-site logistics, cleanup, scheduling, deliveries, lay-down, hoisting, coordination, etc.
- Manage the inspection process and maintain detailed inspection logs.
- Assist in permit process as required.
- Communicate and coordinate with all consultants, designers, engineers, municipalities, subcontractors, suppliers, utilities, and other 3rd parties effectively.
- Manage project closeout and punch list.
- Participate in on-going training opportunities as required.
- Assist the Project Manager with miscellaneous responsibilities as required.
- Minimum 5-7 years successful experience as an onsite, lead commercial construction Superintendent.
- Strong technical and communication skills.
- Construction document and drawing literate, with knowledge of all phases of construction.
- Experience and proficiency in all divisions of work, methods, materials, scheduling, and cost control.
- OSHA 10 is required; OSHA 30-hour certified a plus.
- Experience with Estimating construction projects, bid processes, assembling scope of work, and subcontractor scope review.
- Familiar with management software (Procore, Bluebeam, Field ease.)
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Preferred: BS in Construction Management, Business, Finance or Closely Related field of study.
- Valid Driver’s License with acceptable driving record.
- Some travel may be required.
- COVID vaccinations may be required at some job sites.