Our organization is driven by our “WHY” statement –To create and provide a diversity of opportunities for all. For twenty years, this purpose has guided our work, how we run our business, how we engage with the community deeply and genuinely and most importantly, how we support and develop our employees, many of whom have been with us from the beginning.
Office Job Openings
Our growing firm of over 20 years, has an immediate opening for an experienced, highly-motivated, and energetic Controller to assist and implement processes for our business. The successful candidate will be responsible for the enhancement of current accounting programs, financial analysis and maintaining and/or recommending new accounting initiatives and strategies that align with the company’s mission and performance-driven culture. This includes the continual integration of our accounting practices and financial strategies with the various critical departments in our business, such as Operations, Human Resources, and Safety.
The Controller will report to the Vice President of Finance and will work closely with company division leads and the extended leadership team. The Controller will implement strategies that deliver on the organizational purpose or “WHY” and be a critical leadership member who reinforces Jostin Construction’s culture.
• Maintain, analyze, and reconcile general ledger accounts to ensure accurate balances.
• Establish and maintain appropriate procedures for the accurate maintenance of the general ledger, purchasing, expense report processing, billings, credit collections, accounts payable, and accounts receivable to include regular review and audit of accounts.
• Establish and monitor controls and processes to accurately manage percentage of completion accounting on construction projects.
• Prepare all disbursements and journal entries to ensure accuracy of work and consistency with internal guidelines and accounting procedures; manage all accounting functions related to revenue such as percentage of completion revenue recognition, invoicing, sales reports and forecast.
• Preparation and review of monthly financial statements, general ledger reconciliations and work in progress and job schedules.
• Manage the preparation of annual financial budgets and related monthly reporting compared to actual.
• Develop and maintain regular reports, with input from the Vice President of Finance, for use by executive management in making strategic business decisions.
• Create and monitor budgets and cash-flow forecasts.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Four to eight years minimum in an accounting related position preferred.
• Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance or related field preferred.
• High proficiency with Microsoft Office software programs.
• Knowledge and expertise in construction accounting preferred, in particular, percent-complete accounting and/or experience in a job cost-driven industry.
• Demonstrated leadership ability, and history of successive promotion, advancement, and progression in terms of types of assignments and areas of responsibility.
• Demonstrated ability to lead through persuasion, build collaborative relations, and garner trust, respect, and credibility among diverse internal and external clients.
• Exceptional written, oral, and presentation skills.
• Strong work ethic, integrity, and demonstrated commitment to the organization’s people, mission, and values.
• Strong critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as excellent judgment, and common-sense approach to day-to-day accounting issues.
• Ability to listen to others with compassion while representing the company’s positions.
• Ability to work independently.
• ComputerEase software experience a plus.
• Project management experience.
• Highly self-motivated with strong desire for challenging work, growth, and development.
Timeline & Recruitment Process
8/23/2018 – 9/14/2018 Recruitment of potential candidates for Controller
Week of 9/17/2018 Schedule candidate interviews
9/24/2018 & 9/25/2018 Phase 1: In-person interviews
Week of 10/1/2018 Phase 2: In-person Interviews with top three candidates
Week of 10/8/2018 Phase 3: Meet/greet with key leadership team
10/12/2018 Extend offer
Week of 10/15/2018 Completion of drug test and reference check
11/5/2018 Onboard as the new Controller
Note: The recruitment process, position description, dates, and processes may be adjusted as needed. Top candidates may be asked to take a trio of assessments – DiSC. DiSC is a personal assessment tool used to learn about work productivity, teamwork, and communication.
All candidates’ interest and submission will be held in confidence.
Qualified candidates should submit their cover letter and resume (Microsoft Word document only) to: Anne M. Maxfield at email@example.com, who is assisting Jostin Construction with this search. ALL candidate cover letters and resumes will be carefully reviewed and each will receive confirmation of receipt from Anne. Only those candidates who will be invited to Phase I interviews will receive a second communication.
Thank you for your interest in growing with Jostin Construction and driving our purpose.