Summary of Duties:
Working directly with the Controller/CFO and Project Managers to maintain accurate and timely information reporting; including budget setup and maintenance, job cost tracking, customer billing, and collection, construction draw management, research and communication with project managers on project status and payment approvals for multiple projects.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Knowledge and experience with accounting software and Microsoft office suite.
- Knowledge of the project structure in a client/consultant business environment.
- Effectively communicate with Project Managers and Principals in Charge, regarding contract documents, change orders, and other contract modifications, approvals and any additional services-related to billing.
- Assess and pursue opportunities for maximization of client billing.
- Provide the accounting clerk team member with advice on client billing, relative to consultant invoicing and reimbursable expenses. It is expected that the project accountant maintain a continuous line of communication to clear any open issues.
- Consider the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Expertise in monitoring the purchase order for a project.
- Skilled in monitoring the daily expenses and balances to reduce effect of rate instability.
- The ability to prioritize tasks, work effectively under stress, meet short deadlines and take direction.
- The ability to remain calm in a stressful or emergency situation.
- The ability to verify accuracy of information used in select accounting transactions such as researching incorrect information, determining the proper accounting treatment, and recommending corrections to the transaction originator.
- The ability to communicate with others in the organization to answer accounting questions or resolve issues; and assist with other projects as needed.
- The ability to work independently, take initiative, set priorities and see projects through to completion.
- Using Project Management software setup jobs.
- Review accuracy, math and percent of completion on Sub’s pay apps before giving to PM
- Review bonding requirements per contract and order payment/performance bond if required.
- Review insurance requirements and obtain certificate of insurance.
- Enter approved Project Cost into Project Management software.
- Enter the approved schedule of values into Project Management software.
- Add and revise subcontract, change orders, purchase orders within budget maintenance programs.
- Generate final billing worksheet and provide to PM at least 10 days prior to billing due date.
- Produce and send monthly applications for payment for each job to customer project contact; may include release of liens, vendor lien waivers, customer specific billing formats, etc.
- Responsible for general ledger posting and review of construction draws for multiple projects.
- Work closely with PM to ensure timely receipt and completeness of requisition packet to be processed for payment.
- Obtain and submit all billing- related close-out documents, including final lien releases, certifications, etc.
- Monthly send PM’s job cost reports for review and mark up to make changes.
- Prepare monthly margin confirmation template for review with VP/CFO and PMs
- At project close out, notify Operations and sub of missing information.
Minimum Education Required:
- High School Diploma or GED
Minimum Experience Required:
- 5+ years in construction accounting, accounting degree preferred but not required.
- Microsoft Office Skills – Intermediate to Advanced
- Experience using Project Management Software- Computer Ease preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License with acceptable driving record.