Our organization is driven by our “WHY” statement –To create and provide a diversity of opportunities for all. For twenty years, this purpose has guided our work, how we run our business, how we engage with the community deeply and genuinely and most importantly, how we support and develop our employees, many of whom have been with us from the beginning.
Office Job Openings
Human Resources DirectorView Description
Our growing firm of approximately 75 individuals has an immediate opening for an experienced, highly-motivated, and energetic Human Resources Director to lead our growing management team in building an innovative, employee-oriented human resources department. The successful candidate will be responsible for the enhancement of current HR programs, as well as the design of new HR initiatives and strategies that align with the company’s mission and performance-driven culture in all areas of HR, including HR compliance, employee relations, recruiting/retention, performance management, organizational effectiveness, professional development, and benefit administration.
The Human Resources Director will report to the Vice President of Corporate Strategy and will work closely with company division leads and the extended leadership team. The Human Resources Director will outline and implement strategies that deliver on the organizational purpose or “WHY” and be a critical leadership team member who reinforces Jostin Construction’s culture.
- Drafts, updates and recommends changes to organizational policies, practices and procedures, and advises and trains leadership on policy interpretation and application.
- Collaborates with leadership in workforce planning, and the implementation of competitive sourcing, recruitment and selection strategies to maintain required staffing levels based on business needs and growth.
- Works with managers to implement a pro-active employee relations program and supports leadership in the effective resolution of employee relations issues in a manner that aligns with the organizational culture.
- Maintains personnel database by utilizing HRIS system.
- Establish staff compensation policies and guidelines, ensuring that salaries being paid are equitable and competitive for the type of work being performed, the local market, and industry standards.
- Collaborates with leadership to establish a performance management system that rewards high-performance, quality, productivity and safety, and provides meaningful opportunities and resources (i.e., training, education, work experience, etc.) for the development and advancement of designated high potentials.
- Administer employee group benefits (life, health, dental and disability): monitor continual competitiveness; establish procedures for implementation; provide support on interpretations and special cases, coordinate problem resolution.
- Maintain all legal documents to the benefit plans, including Section 125 and retirement plan.
- Tracks and monitors staff attendance to ensure compliance with applicable policies and procedures, and administers all leave of absence, transitional duty, and reasonable accommodation/workplace modification programs (ADA, workers compensation, FMLA, Military Leave, PTO, etc.).
- Administers Workers Compensation policy/claims and works with leadership and Safety Manager to monitor, track and ensure compliance with safety policies and procedures, including ensuring appropriate certifications and licensing, and compliance reporting.
- Implements effective Human Resources compliance strategies to ensure legal and regulatory compliance; manages internal and external employment and labor claims (administrative and formal litigation) resolution and provides appropriate training to employees and leadership on critical Human Resources compliance matters.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Eight years, minimum, in a Human Resources generalist or HR Business Partner role
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, business, or related field
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office software programs
- Demonstrated leadership ability, and history of successive promotion, advancement, and progression in terms of types of assignments and areas of responsibility
- Demonstrated ability to lead through persuasion, build collaborative relations, and garner trust, respect, and credibility among diverse internal and external clients
- Exceptional written and oral communication, and presentation skills Deep knowledge and expertise in areas of Human Resource Compliance
- Strong work ethic, integrity, and demonstrated commitment to the organization’s people, mission, and values
- Strong critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as excellent judgment, and common-sense approach to day-to-day and complex Human Resources issues
- Ability to listen to others with compassion while representing the company’s positions.
- Ability to work independently
PHR, SPHR or other HR certification, training, or specialization, or advanced degree or coursework in HR, business or related field
Project Management experience
Highly self-motivated, with strong desire for challenging work professional growth and development
Timeline & Recruitment Process
7/16/2018 – 8/3/2018 Recruitment of potential candidates for HR Director
8/6/2018 Presentation of candidates to advance to Phase 1
8/8/2018 – 8/9/2018 Phase 1: In-person interviews
8/13/2018 Phase 2: Interviews with top three candidates
8/15/2018 Phase 3: Meet/greet with key leadership team;
8/17/2018 Extend offer
8/20/2019-8/24/2018 Pre-onboard activities: drug test, etc.
9/10/2018 Onboard as the new Human Resource Director
Note: The recruitment process, position description, dates and processes may be adjusted as needed.
Top candidates may be asked to take a trio of assessments – DiSC. DiSC is a personal assessment tool used to learn about work productivity, teamwork, and communication.
Cover Letter & Resume Submission Instructions
All candidates’ interest and submission will be held in confidence.
Qualified candidates should submit their cover letter and resume (Microsoft Word document only) to: Anne M. Maxfield at firstname.lastname@example.org, who is assisting Jostin Construction with this search.
ALL candidate cover letters and resumes will be carefully reviewed and each will receive confirmation of receipt from Anne. Only those candidates who will be invited to Phase I interviews will receive a second communication.
Thank you for your interest in growing with Jostin Construction and driving our purpose.