About Jostin Construction
Jostin Construction was founded in 1998. Our organization is driven by our “WHY” statement -To
create and provide a diversity of opportunities for all. For over twenty-three years, this
purpose has guided our work, how we run our business, how we engage with the community
deeply and genuinely and most importantly, how we support and develop our employees, many
of whom have been with us from the beginning.
As a growing firm of over 80 team members, we are proud to have built our business in
concrete construction, general trades, construction management, and general construction,
servicing our clients in commercial building remodels and new construction.
Our prized culture is entrenched in our Jostin Values:
• Diversity Wins
• All in, All the time
• The Golden Rule
• The Best at Getting Better
• Good Old-Fashioned Ridiculous Fun
• Go First
Our values represent who we are, how we work, and how we engage with others.
Summary of Duties:
Reporting to the Accounting Manager and working directly with Project Managers, the
Construction Accountant will maintain accurate and timely information reporting for accounts
payable, field payroll, and project reporting. This will include assisting with project setup and
maintenance, job cost tracking, customer collection, research and communication with project
managers on project status, payment approvals and payroll approvals for multiple projects.
• Process all accounts payable and payments to vendors as directed by the Accounting
• Process field payroll weekly.
• Assist with weekly preparation of Work-In-Process reports for Operations.
• Process all job cost reporting as required by project specific contracts as it relates to
accounting and payroll.
• Other activities, duties, and responsibilities as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Knowledge of construction accounting computer programs and software a plus.
• Firm grasp of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
• Solid communications skills both written and verbal.
• Ability to apply critical thinking to manage through complex decisions and judgments.
• The ability to develop and maintain positive internal and external collaborative
• Keenly aware of details.
• Excellent data entry skills.
• Willingness to learn and grow.
Experience & Other Requirements:
• Minimum 2-3 years of accounting experience preferred
• Associates degree in Accounting a plus
• Values the opportunity to work with a diverse and inclusive workforce.
• Ability to work independently within remote work environments.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office.
• Accounting Software (Computerease is a plus)