Summary of Duties:
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) will support the organizational growth of Jostin Construction by providing financial insight instrumental to the company’s continued success. The CFO will have both a day-to-day and ongoing impact on company operations analyzing, strategizing, and growing the company’s financial position. This seasoned strategist not only understands current accounting practices and trends but has proven experience adapting to change–both in growth and downsizing. As a member of the senior management team, he or she will be comfortable in a leadership role that demands clear communication and presentation skills.
Objectives of this role:
- Collaborate with the CEO in defining the commercial, strategic, operational, and financial blueprints for the company and maximizing its opportunities while ensuring long-term sustainability
- Responsible, either directly or by managing staff, for all cash management, investments, insurance, budgeting, and financial reporting, helping to drive the company’s financial strategy and hiring needs
- Coordinate the development of the annual operating, capital, and division budgets, and reporting against the same
- Ensure cash flow is compatible with company operations, by overseeing the day-to-day accounting, recording, reporting, and internal control activities of the organization
- Lead the development and use of best-practice policies, practices, and tools that ensure a well-controlled yet flexible organization with strong fiscal management, project management, cross team communications and workflow
- Comply with federal, state, and local financial requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing compliance, and taking action
- Work with the senior management to efficiently develop proposal budgets, provide access to project finance information, and manage contract/grant compliance and reporting
- Research revenue opportunities and economic trends, analyze internal operations, identify areas of cost reduction and process enhancement
- Perform risk management through analysis of company liabilities and investments, and evaluate and manage capital structure
- Coordinate with HR in reviewing external service providers (payroll, benefits, and general HR) and internal staff responsible for various aspects of HR
- Monitor performance with tracking, establish corrective measures as needed, and prepare detailed reports, both current and forecasting for internal and external stakeholders
- Manage finance personnel and oversee financial IT systems, ensuring compliance with all applicable Financial Accounting Standards Board, Internal Revenue Service, State Attorney General, and other relevant regulations
- Oversee IT acquisitions of capital and software. Ensure system are up to date. Analyze use of acquired technology platforms and their interactions with other platforms
Skills and Qualifications:
- Leadership skills with steadfast resolve and personal integrity
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, or finance
- Eight to ten years of experience in financial management
- 5+ years’ experience in executive leadership positions
- Exceptional verbal, written, and visual communication skills
- Understanding of advanced accounting, job cost analysis, regulatory issues, and tax planning
- Working knowledge of raising capital beyond traditional lines of credit
- Construction industry experience
- Experience in Computer Ease Accounting Software
- Master’s degree in accounting, business, or finance
Timeline & Recruitment Process
11/4/2020 – 11/25/2020 Recruitment of potential candidates for CFO
Week of 11/30 /2020 Phase I interviews
Week of 12/7/2020 Phase II interviews
Week of 12/14/2020 Phase III – meet/greet with key leadership team
Week of 12/14 Extend offer contingent upon reference check
Weeks of 12/14 – 1/4/2021 Pre-onboard activities: drug test, etc.
Note: The recruitment process, position description, dates, and processes may be adjusted as needed. Top candidates may be asked to take a trio of assessments – DiSC. DiSC is a personal assessment tool used to learn about work productivity, teamwork, and communication.
Cover Letter & Resume Submission Instructions
All candidates’ interest and submission will be held in confidence
Qualified candidates should submit their cover letter and resume to:
Tom Shepherd at CFOSearch@jostinconstruction.com, who is collaborating with Jostin Construction with this search. ALL candidate cover letters and resumes will be carefully reviewed and each will receive confirmation of receipt from Tom. Only those candidates who will be invited to Phase I interviews will receive a second communication.
Thank you for your interest in growing with Jostin Construction and driving our purpose.