Our organization is driven by our “WHY” statement –To create and provide a diversity of opportunities for all. For twenty years, this purpose has guided our work, how we run our business, how we engage with the community deeply and genuinely and most importantly, how we support and develop our employees, many of whom have been with us from the beginning.
Office Job Openings
Human Resources DirectorView Description
Our growing firm of approximately 75 individuals has an immediate opening for an experienced, highly-motivated, and energetic human resources director to lead our growing management team in building an innovative, employee-oriented human resources (HR) department. The successful candidate will be responsible for the enhancement of current human resource programs, as well as the design of new HR initiatives and strategies that align with the company’s mission and performance-driven culture in all areas of HR, including HR compliance, employee relations, recruiting, performance management, organizational effectiveness, professional development, and benefit administration.
The HR director will report to the Vice President of Professional Development and will work closely with company division leads and the extended leadership team. The HR director will outline and implement strategies that deliver on the organizational purpose or “WHY” and be a critical leadership team member who reinforces Jostin Construction’s culture.
- Manage one direct report (human resources coordinator); train, coach and develop skill level
- Draft, update, and recommend changes to organizational policies, practices and procedures, and advise and train leadership on policy interpretation and application
- Collaborate with leadership in workforce planning and the implementation of competitive sourcing, recruitment, and selection strategies to maintain required staffing levels based on business needs and growth
- Work with managers to implement a proactive employee relations program and support leadership in the effective resolution of employee relations issues in a manner that aligns with the organizational culture
- Maintain personnel database and create required reports and extract employee data as needed
- Establish staff compensation policies and guidelines, ensuring that salaries being paid are equitable and competitive for the type of work being performed, the local market, and industry standards
- Collaborate with leadership to establish a performance management system that rewards high-performance, quality, productivity and safety, and provide meaningful opportunities and resources (i.e., training, education, work experience, etc.) for the development and advancement of designated high potentials
- Administer employee group benefits (life, health, dental and disability), monitor continual competitiveness; establish procedures for implementation; provide support on interpretations and special cases; coordinate problem resolution
- Maintain all legal documents to the benefit plans including Section 125 and retirement plan
- Track and monitor staff attendance to ensure compliance with applicable policies and procedures, and administer all leave of absence, transitional duty, and reasonable accommodation/workplace modification programs (ADA, workers’ compensation, FMLA, Military Leave, PTO, etc.)
- Administer workers’ compensation policy/claims and work with leadership and safety manager to monitor, track and ensure compliance with safety policies and procedures, including ensuring appropriate certifications and licensing, and compliance reporting
- Implement effective human resources compliance strategies to ensure legal and regulatory compliance; manage internal and external employment and labor claims (administrative and formal litigation) resolution and provide appropriate training to employees and leadership on critical human resources compliance matters
- Other duties as assigned
- Eight years, minimum in a human resources generalist or human resources business partner role
- Bachelor’s Degree in human resources, business, or related field
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office software programs
- Demonstrated leadership ability, and history of successive promotion, advancement, and progression in terms of types of assignments and areas of responsibility
- Demonstrated ability to lead through persuasion, build collaborative relations, and garner trust, respect, and credibility among diverse internal and external clients
- Exceptional written, oral and presentation skills; deep knowledge and expertise in areas of human resources compliance
- Strong work ethic, integrity, and demonstrated commitment to the organization’s people, mission, and values
- Strong critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as excellent judgment, and common-sense approach to day-to-day and complex human resources issues
- Ability to listen to others with compassion while representing the company’s positions
- Ability to work independently
- PHR, SPHR or other HR certification, training, or specialization, or advanced degree or coursework in human resources, business, or related field
- Project management experience
- Highly self-motivated, with strong desire for challenging work professional growth and development
Timeline & Recruitment Process
5/31/2019 – 6/19/2019: Recruitment of potential candidates for Human Resources Director
6/25/2019 & 6/26/2019: Phase I interviews
7/1/201: Phase II interviews
7/8/2019 or 7/9/2019: Phase III – Meet/greet with key leadership team
Week of 7/8 – 7/15/2019: Extend offer contingent upon reference check
Week of 8/12 (or earlier):1. Pre-onboard activities: drug test, etc. 2. Begin employment
Note: The recruitment process, position description, dates, and processes may be adjusted as needed. Top candidates may be asked to take a trio of assessments – DiSC. DiSC is a personal assessment tool used to learn about work productivity, teamwork, and communication.
Cover Letter & Resume Submission Instructions
All candidates’ interest and submission will be held in confidence
Qualified candidates should submit their cover letter and resume to:
Anne M. Maxfield at email@example.com, who is collaborating with Jostin Construction with this search. ALL candidate cover letters and resumes will be carefully reviewed and each will receive confirmation of receipt from Anne. Only those candidates who will be invited to Phase I interviews will receive a second communication.
Thank you for your interest in growing with Jostin Construction and driving our purpose.