Summary of Duties
Reporting to the HR Director, Jostin Construction is seeking a motivated and resourceful HR Generalist with strong communication, problem solving and innovative strategic thinking skills to assist with the management of duties and functions related to the enhancement of our human resources division.
The HR Generalist role will execute talent acquisition and HR administrative tasks that deliver on the organizational purpose or “WHY” of Jostin and be a critical team member who reinforces the company’s culture.
At Jostin Construction, we strive to create and provide a diversity of opportunities for all while representing our core values in the work we do each day. Long term career growth and professional development is important to us. This role includes a range of different opportunities to learn and grow as a human resource professional.
As the HR Generalist, key responsibilities include:
Talent Acquisition and Recruiting:
- Implement and execute recruiting strategies that address our current staffing and talent pipeline needs.
- Work with the HR Director to ensure that community partners are informed and updated on career opportunities and talent acquisition efforts with Jostin Construction.
- Edit and manage job descriptions posted on internal and external recruiting websites.
- Source and scout for potential candidates through online channels and community partner efforts.
- Use communication skills to engage potential candidates and encourage them to apply for open positions with Jostin Construction.
- Review submitted applications and reach out to candidates directly to conduct pre-screen assessments.
- Schedule and arrange interviews with eligible and qualified candidates to market Jostin’s company values and ensure thorough understanding of specific job criteria and expectations.
- Stay up to date with our current staffing goals to identify and prioritize positions that drive talent acquisition efforts.
- Schedule and conduct exit interviews and identify trends and themes from feedback collected that will support recruiting and employee retention efforts.
- Provide status updates and report talent acquisition data and activity to HR leadership on a weekly basis.
HR Administrative Tasks:
- Schedule and arrange drug screens, background checks, and safety examinations. Ensure that all other pre-hire requirements and/or certifications are complete – follow up as needed.
- Partner with the HR Director to ensure administrative tasks for employee data maintenance including onboarding, new hire orientation, and terminations are complete. This includes entering and updating employee data with supporting documentation into our HR information systems.
- Communicate HR data changes with our internal business partners for record keeping purposes.
- Ensure all HR files and paperwork are properly organized, managed, and secured at all times.
- Monitor and manage the HR email inbox for questions, concerns, and inquires – follow up as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 1-3 years experience in a Human Resources professional role.
- Interest in developing knowledge of HR procedures and policies and deepening a career in Human Resources
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field
- Exceptional written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Willingness to engage with the public
- Strong work ethic, integrity, cultural awareness and demonstrated commitment to the organization’s people, ‘Why’, and values
- Strong critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as excellent judgment and a common-sense approach to day-to-day and complex Human Resources issues
- Ability to listen to others with compassion while representing the company’s positions
- Ability to shift priorities, multi-task and work independently
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office, HRIS systems, and comfortable learning new technical systems as needed
- Bilingual (English and Spanish)
- PHR, SPHR or other HR certification, training, or specialization, or advanced degree or coursework in HR, business, or related field preferred
Timeline & Recruitment Process:
4/21/2021 – 5/7/2021 Recruitment and Phase 1 pre-screen of potential candidates for HR Generalist
5/10/2021- 5/14/2021 Phase 2: In-person interviews
Week of 5/17 Extend Offer and Pre-onboard activities: Drug test, Reference letter, etc.
The recruitment process, position description, dates and processes may be adjusted as needed. All virtual interviews will be via video conference using the Microsoft Teams platform. Those invited to interview will be sent an invite with the Microsoft Teams link in advance.
Cover Letter & Resume Submission Instructions:
To apply, qualified candidates should submit their cover letter and resume to HR@jostinconstruction.com
All candidate cover letters and resumes will be carefully reviewed and each will receive a confirmation of receipt. Only those candidates who will be invited to Phase 2 interviews will receive a second communication.
Thank you for your interest in growing with Jostin Construction and driving our purpose.