Our growing firm of approximately 75 individuals has an immediate opening for an experienced and highly-motivated Construction Superintendent.
The Construction Superintendent will report to the General Manager, General Construction Operations.
Responsible for running the day to day operations on the construction site and controlling the short term schedule. The Superintendent drives quality control, maintains all safety protocols and has subcontractor coordination responsibilities.
Supervise trade contractors involved in the project and monitor the quality of their work daily.
Supervise the job site to meet or exceed all OSHA requirements for personnel and property safety.
Assist the Project Manager in preparing an updating the project’s master schedule.
Inform all trade contractors and office on the status of the master schedule and provide a two-week look ahead of future work
Hold weekly safety & project meetings individually with all documentation of paperwork.
Promote a safe work environment for everyone on and off the project site.
Ensure project delivered safely, on-time, within budget and to the strictest of quality standards.
Manage all aspects of jobsite logistics, cleanup, scheduling, deliveries, laydown, hoisting, coordination, etc.
Manage the inspection process and maintain detailed inspection logs.
Assist in permit process as required.
Communicate and coordinate with all consultants, designers, engineers, municipalities, subcontractors, suppliers, utilities and other 3rd parties effectively.
Manage project closeout and punch list.
Participate in on-going training opportunities as required.
Assist the Project Manager with miscellaneous responsibilities as required.
- Minimum 5-7 years successful experience as an onsite, lead commercial construction Superintendent.
- Strong technical and communication skills.
- Construction document and drawing literate, with knowledge of all phases of construction.
- Experience and proficiency in all divisions of work, methods, materials, scheduling and cost control.
- OSHA 10 is required; OSHA 30 hour certified a plus.
- Experience with Estimating construction projects, bid processes, assembling scope of work, and subcontractor scope review.
Minimum Education Required:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Preferred: BS in Construction Management, Business, Finance or Closely Related field of study.
- Valid Driver’s License with acceptable driving record.
- Some travel may be required.
If you are interested and qualified, please send your resume to HR@jostinconstruction.com